Episode 5: Protecting Your Wealth and The Power of Purpose Partners
This week’s guest holds an extra special place in my heart…
A wealth advisor, President of Velvet Suite Financial LLC, and (most importantly) my husband William A. Simkins, joins me this week to cover love and money, and how these two powerful areas of life can intertwine.
Will has over 20 years of experience in financial services spanning retirement, business planning, life insurance, and more, helping many clients with their long-term financial strategy.
Tune in as we discuss the challenges and the joys of life partnership, and the struggles that we have endured as a couple. We also dig deep into what it means to have a vision for your value, and how to make investments now that will pay it forward with future stability.
- 4:05: Will’s financial mindset (at home and with business) in 2020.
- 8:10: How to plan for the future and be more money-mindful
- 10:30: How to make your assets work for you at various stages of life
- 13:15: Will’s secret sauce to building his successful brand in wealth management
- 15:20: The challenges that come with purpose partners and aligning with them.
- 17:15: Signs that your partnerships & community are truly invested in you.
- 22:30: How Will deals with difficult times and reframes his brand.
- 26:00: Identity shifts: preparing and adjusting for a life partner.
- 30:01: Challenges and changes that Melissa & Will have gone through together as partners.
Will’s career in comprehensive insurance and investment planning began at Northwestern Mutual Financial Network in 2001. Simkins found early success in his financial service practice and was recognized as the top in his class for client acquisition. He went on to obtain his Certified Financial Planner Certificate from Virginia Commonwealth University. Soon after, Simkins transitioned to Mass Mutual Financial Group where he achieved the Blue Chip Council (top five percent of Mass Mutual representatives) and Top of the Council as well as received the highest industry award in insurance and financial services through the Million Dollar Round Table.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!