Episode 6: Being An Extraordinary Female Leader: How To Walk Strong, & Own Your Personal Brand
My guest this week is Diane Dietz, previous colleague and now the CEO and President of Rodan + Fields. When it comes to leadership, and growing your personal brand… Diane is a wealth of deep, dynamic knowledge that you won’t want to overlook.
Since stepping into the CEO position with Rodan + Fields, the company has seen unprecedented growth, exceeding $1 billion in sales. Listen as we talk through Diane’s leadership and personal brand journey, how she grew to develop her own authentic voice in the corporate environment, and learned to be comfortable, being uncomfortable.
- 3:36: How Melissa and Diane first met, and formed a relationship.
- 4:00: Diane’s growth journey, and finding her voice in the corporate environment.
- 8:50: Learn more about Diane’s leadership philosophy, and how it has served her throughout her various career transitions.
- 10:40: How to overcome self-doubt as a female in a management position.
- 12:00: Navigating the balancing act of prioritizing your professional and personal life.
- 15:01: More about Diane’s personal life and family, and how she manages her daily life.
- 19:10: How Diane works on setting a vision, and finding inspiration.
- 21:45: One of Diane’s most defining life moments.
- 26:40: Diane’s personal brand and her ‘secret sauce’ for success.
- 31:25: More about Rodan + Fields, and how it serves and supports women
Prior to Rodan + Fields, Diane was the Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Safeway, one of the largest grocers in North America. She was responsible for managing the $38B P&L and all aspects of operations including merchandising, marketing, digital, supply chain and the award-winning private label brands.
Previously, she spent 18 years with Procter & Gamble where she’s credited with the rejuvenation and expansion of the Crest brand franchise. Diane is married, and lives in the Bay Area with two daughters.
Want new episodes, free tips and tools, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!