Episode 8: Aligning Your Passions Across Your Life
Having the opportunity to align your life passions with your career and various job roles can be a challenge, and is a goal that so many of us strive for. Listen in as Cara Sabin, CEO of Sundial Brands, shares her story and exactly how she managed to do that. You’ll be inspired, challenge, and refreshed along the way!
- 3:30: Digging into Cara’s story and journey
- 6:40: Aligning your passions with your career
- 9:40: How to evaluate if a career move is the right move for you
- 11:45: Overcoming challenges in your personal life while staying true to your career.
- 14:20: Lessons learned across Cara’s journey
- 18:10: A defining moment in Cara’s life
- 21:30: Some encouragement through times of hardship
- 24:45: Exciting updates going on with Sundial Brands.
- 29:00: What Cara has learned this year about managing change as a leader.
- 32:20: Cara’s journey to now sit on various boards and provide service through those positions.
- 35:10: Cara’s passions in her free time
With over 20 years of general management, business strategy, consumer marketing, digital and innovation experience, Cara is currently the CEO of Sundial Brands (owner of brands Shea Moisture, Nubian Heritage, Nyakio and Madame CJ Walker Beauty Culture). Prior to her current role, she held management positions in prestige beauty, leading Global Marketing for Clinique $1B Makeup and Fragrance portfolio as well as Marketing for NARS Cosmetics’ Americas business.
She is the Vice Chair of the Minority Alumni Advisory Board for Duke University’s Fuqua’s School of Business; Co-founder of 25 Black Women in Beauty; and a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc
Want new episodes, free tips and tools, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign-up below!